How to obtain vital records such as birth certificates , death records , marriage licenses , divorce decrees , naturalization, adoption and land records from each state , territory and county of the United States. See the guidelines for information on how to order vital records.
- Public Records Search Tools: The Best Free Sources.
- U.S. Vital Records Online - State by State Listing.
- Index to New York State Births (Outside of New York City), 1881-1942;
- Visit our project websites to search our records:.
In general, vital records weren't kept in the United States until the early s. Vital records usually contain the full name of the individual involved in the event, the date of the event, and the county, state, or town where the event took place.
Many vital records contain much more information. Birth and marriage documents in particular can be very useful as they often provide maiden names and the names of other relatives or witnesses. Cookies on Findmypast: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience, for advertising purposes, and to understand how people use our website. That's fine Learn more.
- Find your family. Discover yourself..
- Division of Vital Records.
- Vital Records | National Archives.
- to find a person by a phone number!
- Historical Vital Statistics Start Page.
- Find your ancestors - Free UK Genealogy.
- st charles missouri coourt divorce records?
What's in a Vital Record? How to use Vital Records Search through vital records to help find crucial biographical information about your ancestor, as well as to solve longstanding family mysteries.